Brand: Nature's Way
- Supports the Metabolic and Endocrine Functions of the Body
- Promotes Healthy Functions of the Skin
- Natural Source of Testosterone-like Activity
- Sarsaparilla is a tropical herb from Central America brought to Europe by Spanish Conquistadors for use in herbal medicines. .
- Encapsulated Sarsaparilla root carefully screened for potency, purity and quality
Legal Disclaimer: * These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. ** Always refer to the manufacturer's label on the product for description, recommended dose and precautions.
Publisher: Nature's Way
Details: Sarsaparilla has been carefully screened for potency, purity and quality. Sarsaparilla has a long tradition for use in tonic preparations. It was originally brought to Europe by Spanish conquistadors for use in herbal medicines.Sarsaparilla contains steroidal saponins, such as sarsasapogenin, which some researcher claim can duplicate the action of some human hormones. However, this purported property of sarsaparilla remains has not been substantiated by empirical evidence. Sarsaparilla also contains beta-sitosterol, a phytosterol, which may contribute to the anti-inflammatory property of this herb. A few reports suggest that sarsaparilla has both anti-inflammatory and liver-protecting effects. Similar findings on the effect of sarsaparilla on psoriasis can also be found in European literature.